Join the New Mexico Local News Fund!
The New Mexico Local News Fund works with community members and journalists who believe that local journalism is crucial for our communities. NMLNF raises funds to support local news providers and journalists across the state. We also convene conversations about how we can better serve the news and information needs of all New Mexicans.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, NMLNF has provided emergency assistance to individual journalists. We are now developing resources for newsrooms to support efforts to better cover local issues and create more sustainable business models for local journalism.
In 2020, the Innovation Consultant will focus on newsrooms that are exploring new models for revenue and collaboration.
- Act as the project manager for a journalism hub pilot utilizing an online platform to create new connections across the state
- Update and maintain a database of newsrooms around the state
- Work with newsrooms that are exploring new revenue models
- Lead outreach for multiple projects and act as a representative of the Local News Fund
- Help develop priorities for 2020 and beyond, particularly in opportunities related to business models and collaboration
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of trends in local journalism across the United States
- Experience creating new and grassroots programs
- Experience working across industries and disciplines
- Demonstrated experience leading projects that include collaboration
- Commitment to equity and willingness to engage in efforts to increase diversity in the journalism ecosystem in New Mexico
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willing to explore new ideas
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Innovation Consultant Application". We're happy to answer any questions prior to applying at firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration, apply by June 12th.