Join the New Mexico Local News Fund!
The New Mexico Local News Fund is looking for a program assistant. This is a part-time contract position through December 2023, with the possibility of renewal. Hours can be somewhat flexible but we’re looking for a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week, and could potentially be up to 20 hours depending on the candidate and responsibilities they want to take on. Pay starts at $20 an hour, higher for candidates with more relevant skills and experience. To apply, answer the following questions in a cover letter and send your resume to email@example.com.
For best consideration, apply by: January 13, 2023
Tell us why you want to work with the New Mexico Local News Fund.
What is your experience with journalism or journalism-related fields like communications?
Why is local journalism important to you?
What unique skills or perspectives would you bring to NMLNF?
Please share any work-related social media feeds, and examples of promotions you have run on social media.
The New Mexico Local News Fund launched in late 2018 with an ambitious mission to support the ecosystem for local news across our state. We work with both journalists and community leaders to support existing local news outlets and address gaps in local news coverage across our state. NMLNF currently runs several programs aimed at strengthening the local news ecosystem and supporting journalists. Increasing diversity in the journalism community is a core value of our organization. We also invite community members to help shape our work by serving on our Advisory Committee, responding to surveys or participating in focus groups and community conversations. New Mexico Local News Fund is a fiscally sponsored project of the Santa Fe Community Foundation.
The program assistant will:
- Work closely with the New Mexico Local News Fund staff, assisting with contracts, budgets, communications, newsletter, website copy and social media
- Update and maintain a database of newsrooms around the state
- Attend weekly staff, Advisory, Stakeholder, and other program meetings when available, and take notes for meetings
Skills & Experience:
- Experience managing contracts and administrative duties, strongly preferred
- Communications/social media experience including understanding analytics and scheduling posts
- Experience in local journalism or an appreciation of the value of local news for society and democracy
- Experience with spreadsheet programs such as Excel